Package the Raspberry Pi kernel utility
- 1 Package the Raspberry Pi Kernel Utility
- 1.1 Project Description
- 1.2 Project Leader(s)
- 1.3 Project Contributor(s)
- 1.4 Kernel Utility Package Releases
- 1.5 Project Plan
- 1.6 Communication
- 1.7 Project News
Package the Raspberry Pi Kernel Utility
The Raspi bootloader requires a special header at the start of the kernel file in order to correctly load it into memory. The tool which creates this header needs to be packaged in Fedora.
Expected outcome: a Fedora package for the Raspberry Pi kernel utility.
Skills required: packaging
Kernel Utility Package Releases
Tracking mechanism : github
Key contacts: ctyler
Goals for each release and plans for reaching those goals:
- 0.1 Proof of concept - Research and obtain the file that is used as the Raspberry Pi Kernel utility. Successfully Package the file using rpmbuild into an SRPM & RPM
- 0.2 Initial working state - Test the RPM for errors with rpmlint, mock, koji. Attempt to have errors resolved and then have package reviewed by the community
- 0.3 Completed working state - Fix any remaining errors with package and complete Readme files and documentation. Have a finished and working kernel utility package.
Upsteam Wiki and Web
Source Code Control
Joseph Nam Nguyen