OSD600 20102 OpenOffice.org
- 1 Topics in Open Source Development
Topics in Open Source Development
Extensions in OpenOffice extends the capability of the OpenOffice program. Extension can be for OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Presentation, Database or for the core OpenOffice. For OpenOffice writer, there may be extensions that extends the dictionary feature of OpenOffice so that user can use a French dictionary. Similarly there may be extensions that adds extra grammar features. An extension for Calc might do a complex calculation like mortgage calculation or filter data in certain way.
A popular extension might become part of the core program in a future release.
Extensions for OpenOffice can downloaded at http://extensions.services.openoffice.org
Installing an Extension
To install an extension
- First download an extension from http://extensions.services.openoffice.org
- Then open OpenOffice Writer or Calc. On the top menu, click Tools->Extension Manager...
- Click Add... and select the .oxt file (extension file) you downloaded.
Since extension can do different things, you should read how to use the extension before. Some extension might only appear and work on context menu. So if you cannot file the extension feature, check the extension's read-me file or manual.
* Thanks for the subscription information, Ali. This mailing list also sends all email questions asked by other people and their responses too. So, even if we don't have any questions to ask, we still get useful information. Thupten
- OSD600 Fall 2007
- OSD600 Fall 2008
- DPS909 and OSD600 Fall 2008 Weekly Schedule
- OSD600 Winter 2009
- OSD600 Fall 2009