OOP344 - FjXR IRC Logs - 20102

From CDOT Wiki
Revision as of 14:15, 30 May 2010 by Xlu44 (talk | contribs) (Sun May 30 2010)
Jump to: navigation, search

Sun May 30 2010

Session Start: Sun May 30 12:52:48 2010 Session Ident: #seneca-oop344 03[12:52] * Now talking in #seneca-oop344 03[12:52] * Topic is 'OOP344 - Object Oriented Programming II Using C++ with introduction to open source, a channel for Seneca oop344 students and all others to join and collaborate . Visit http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP344 for subject info.�' 03[12:52] * Set by fardad on Sat Nov 07 12:54:54 05[12:52] -card.freenode.net:#seneca-oop344- [freenode-info] channel trolls and no channel staff around to help? please check with freenode support: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#gettinghelp 01[12:54] <xlu44> hi guys 01[12:54] <xlu44> good afternoon [12:54] <OzZy_M> Hi [12:54] <OzZy_M> WTB Fardadx1 PST with price! [12:55] <rhui4> hi [12:55] <rhui4> what does that mean [12:55] <OzZy_M> WoW terminology [12:55] <OzZy_M> if you don't get it nm [12:55] <OzZy_M> or google it lol [12:56] <rhui4> i don;t think anyone has their date for the group meeting yet since he did not intial the group times [12:56] <OzZy_M> we're having our meeting now and dividing the work [12:56] <OzZy_M> he apparently set up an assignment page 01[12:58] <xlu44> oh 03[13:00] * Retrieving #seneca-oop344 modes... [13:00] <OzZy_M> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Oop344_20102_-_iof_functions [13:00] <OzZy_M> I totally missed that page [13:00] <OzZy_M> Stephanie found it for us [13:01] <rhui4> i was wondering where you found it [13:01] <OzZy_M> I didn't :P [13:01] <OzZy_M> like I said, Stephanie is the hero �01[13:01] <xlu44> it's pretty good �01[13:02] <xlu44> i just check it out [13:02] <rhui4> yea she has become our hero aswell �01[13:02] <xlu44> nice neast �01[13:03] <xlu44> btw way do you know svn account now [13:03] <OzZy_M> nope �01[13:03] <xlu44> due next thusday [13:03] <rhui4> i am not sure if we have a password but i think it is SVN:oop344_102rep8 [13:04] <rhui4> it is on the team page �01[13:04] <xlu44> ok [13:04] <OzZy_M> each member needs to have their own login [13:04] <OzZy_M> otherwise he can't track each person's contributions �01[13:04] <xlu44> yes �01[13:05] <xlu44> so what we can do right way? �01[13:05] <xlu44> does mirc support voice chatting? [13:06] <OzZy_M> i Don't think so [13:06] <OzZy_M> use MSN for that :P �01[13:07] <xlu44> msn only for peer to peer �01[13:07] <xlu44> it doesn't support group meeting [13:07] <OzZy_M> you can add more than one person to a conversation though [13:07] <OzZy_M> for voice? �01[13:07] <xlu44> for voice [13:07] <OzZy_M> that sux �01[13:07] <xlu44> ozzy_M [13:07] <rhui4> maybe skype [13:07] <OzZy_M> I have access to a friend's ventrilo server �01[13:07] <xlu44> who are you? [13:07] <rhui4> its free too [13:07] <OzZy_M> so it doesn't matter to me [13:07] <rhui4> he is not in our group �02[13:07] * /msg: insufficient parameters �01[13:08] <xlu44> how to type msg with target person name? [13:08] <OzZy_M> use : /q *name* �01[13:08] <xlu44> i tried "/msg nickname msg" [13:08] <rhui4> double click the name �01[13:08] <xlu44> double click name is query [13:09] <lwang168> where is teacher? [13:09] <lwang168> ;) �01[13:09] <xlu44> ozzy_m did you have meeting with fardad? �01[13:09] <xlu44> hi liang [13:10] <rhui4> hi liang [13:10] <lwang168> hi [13:10] <OzZy_M> he stood us up :( �01[13:10] <xlu44> where is the girl? [13:10] <rhui4> i will call jun �01[13:10] <xlu44> ok [13:10] <rhui4> i have no idea someone should call priya [13:10] <lwang168> and only 3 member �01[13:10] <xlu44> did you had dinner with him? [13:10] <OzZy_M> :p �01[13:10] <xlu44> no plus ozzy_m we have 4 [13:11] <OzZy_M> ? [13:11] <OzZy_M> I'm in another group [13:12] <lwang168> yes �01[13:12] <xlu44> yes i know �01[13:13] <xlu44> you could be our honour member [13:13] <lwang168> meeting for what [13:13] <OzZy_M> lol [13:13] <OzZy_M> I'd be honoured *no pun intended* [13:14] <rhui4> alright [13:14] <rhui4> i found jun he is comming on right now [13:14] <rhui4> priya is mia �01[13:15] <xlu44> ok �01[13:15] <xlu44> i m going to working on prj this afternoon [13:15] <rhui4> shall we turn on a log [13:16] <rhui4> we have to turn on the log so we can get marks [13:16] <rhui4> i have no idea how to do that [13:16] <rhui4> never used irc [13:16] <OzZy_M> I have a wiki page up on that [13:16] <OzZy_M> if you're using mIRC that is �01[13:16] <xlu44> it's on ur computer already �01[13:16] <xlu44> just like msn [13:16] <rhui4> yup �01[13:16] <xlu44> you can review whole chatting history [13:16] <rhui4> don;t you have to turn it on �01[13:17] <xlu44> no �01[13:17] <xlu44> by default it is �01[13:17] <xlu44> under tool ->log [13:17] <OzZy_M> it also deletes logs on default �03[13:18] * Junseok (~jpark68@CPE00222d2e91a8-CM00222d2e91a4.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #seneca-oop344 [13:18] <Junseok> hello �01[13:18] <xlu44> i didn't see deletes logs option �06[13:18] * OzZy_M waves at Junseok [13:18] <rhui4> so xiong can you upload the log [13:18] <rhui4> when we are done �01[13:18] <xlu44> just a delete log file button over there �01[13:18] <xlu44> i guess so [13:19] <OzZy_M> it will auto delete sometimes [13:19] <OzZy_M> i just use on/off [13:19] <OzZy_M> it is safer �01[13:19] <xlu44> ok �01[13:19] <xlu44> maybe if file is oversized [13:20] <OzZy_M> w/e i have a wiki up on logging for mIRC �01[13:22] <xlu44> could you show us the link [13:22] <OzZy_M> sure [13:23] <OzZy_M> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Student_Resources_OOP344#How_To_Log_IRC_Conversations_on_mIRC �01[13:23] <xlu44> maybe we could follow ur format to copy one for our group if you don't mind [13:23] <OzZy_M> go ahead [13:23] <OzZy_M> I have our first meeting up on our team page [13:24] <OzZy_M> I will be putting up our second log soon. We just finished our second meeting now �03[13:24] * _YJ_ (~chatzilla@CPE0022b0d1b62a-CM001692fb1c3c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has left #seneca-oop344 �01[13:24] <xlu44> oh �01[13:25] <xlu44> what did you discuss in ur 2nd meeting? [13:25] <OzZy_M> lol [13:25] <OzZy_M> we waited around for fardad [13:25] <Junseok> uhm.. [13:25] <OzZy_M> that was a lot of it [13:25] <OzZy_M> but [13:25] <OzZy_M> when stephanie found the assignment page [13:25] <OzZy_M> we starting talking about the assignment [13:25] <OzZy_M> and we also picked functions to write [13:25] <OzZy_M> it is due next sunday [13:26] <OzZy_M> also went over other things like: who has all compilers installed, what cygwin is [13:26] <OzZy_M> small things like that [13:26] <rhui4> as ozzy sent us the assignemtn is http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Oop344_20102_-_iof_functions �01[13:26] <xlu44> i saw it [13:26] <rhui4> incase jun didn;t get it �01[13:27] <xlu44> i read it maybe 1 week ago �01[13:27] <xlu44> then i totally forget it [13:27] <rhui4> so shall we separte the functions �01[13:27] <xlu44> think so �01[13:28] <xlu44> iof_init fardad did for us [13:28] <OzZy_M> remember �01[13:28] <xlu44> iof_end it should be simple [13:28] <OzZy_M> he only did 1 platform �01[13:28] <xlu44> yes [13:28] <OzZy_M> and he didn't do all the functinos for it �01[13:28] <xlu44> u r right [13:28] <OzZy_M> you have to write all platforms [13:28] <OzZy_M> also our first meeting [13:28] <OzZy_M> we decided on coding styles [13:28] <OzZy_M> i don't know if you have done that yet �01[13:28] <xlu44> not yet [13:28] <rhui4> not yet [13:28] <OzZy_M> ok [13:28] <OzZy_M> that is a BIG one [13:28] <OzZy_M> you should do that [13:29] <OzZy_M> go read our first log [13:29] <OzZy_M> also [13:29] <OzZy_M> our team page has the styles we picked �01[13:29] <xlu44> what style do you pick? [13:29] <OzZy_M> i suggest you read them to get some ideas �01[13:29] <xlu44> IBM microsoft? [13:29] <OzZy_M> you guys pick whatever your entire group is comfortable with [13:29] <OzZy_M> go read our log [13:29] <OzZy_M> what we did [13:30] <OzZy_M> was write something �01[13:30] <xlu44> which team are u in? [13:30] <OzZy_M> and then we voted if we liked it or not [13:30] <OzZy_M> HOTYS �01[13:31] <xlu44> what's ur final decision? [13:31] <OzZy_M> there is a lot of things to consider when make a style [13:31] <OzZy_M> you might not like some of the things that we did �01[13:32] <xlu44> let me find some style link out [13:34] <Junseok> I think ur group need to talk about three things that installing visual studio 2008, how to use svn and first assignment. �01[13:34] <xlu44> junseok you mean us right? [13:34] <Junseok> and..this log file is being recorded from 1 p.m. [13:34] <Junseok> yes �01[13:34] <xlu44> i have vs2008 ready [13:35] <lwang168> yes �01[13:35] <xlu44> i used since last semester [13:35] <rhui4> i also have vs2008 �01[13:35] <xlu44> svn i used a little bit while [13:35] <Junseok> I have a vs6.0 but have to install vs2008 tonight. [13:35] <lwang168> ready [13:35] <rhui4> and the dos one for windows �01[13:35] <xlu44> i tried local reposity �01[13:36] <xlu44> it's not hard to use svn [13:36] <Junseok> I installed svn and create a reposity dicrectory in my own folder. �01[13:36] <xlu44> me 2 [13:36] <Junseok> and I need a the URL of OOP344 svn. [13:36] <Junseok> haha �01[13:36] <xlu44> then i created a folder to syn with the reposity [13:36] <rhui4> same �01[13:37] <xlu44> i only have fardad's [13:37] <Junseok> did you try to check out from OOP344, anything ? �01[13:37] <xlu44> ye �01[13:37] <xlu44> i did [13:37] <Junseok> oh~ �01[13:37] <xlu44> i have a copy of fardad's [13:37] <Junseok> what is the URL of oop344? �01[13:37] <xlu44> sinice 2002 record �01[13:37] <xlu44> maybe �01[13:37] <xlu44> yes [13:38] <Junseok> ok �01[13:38] <xlu44> svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/oop344 �01[13:39] <xlu44> i found 2 documents from fardad is interesting [13:39] <rhui4> so who want boid iof_init(void) �01[13:40] <xlu44> just 1 sentenece in 2 file in 2 contiunous days �01[13:40] <xlu44> I did nothing!!! �01[13:40] <xlu44> same as mine these days �01[13:41] <xlu44> i did nothing too !!! �01[13:41] <xlu44> do you guys have sys466 and dcn455 test next week? [13:42] <OzZy_M> This is my first time hitting semester 3 :P [13:42] <Junseok> I'm not taking that subjects. [13:42] <rhui4> i don;t thknk so i am not in dcn this sem [13:42] <OzZy_M> next semester [13:42] <lwang168> oh sys466 [13:42] <Junseok> i have to take sys366 first . hehe �01[13:42] <xlu44> how come cs.senecac.on.ca [13:42] <lwang168> i forget it �01[13:42] <xlu44> i cann't connect to? [13:42] <OzZy_M> I can't either �01[13:42] <xlu44> can you connect to it �01[13:42] <xlu44> shit [13:42] <OzZy_M> they are probably doing some maintenance [13:42] <lwang168> thanks xiongwen [13:42] <rhui4> i am in 366 �01[13:43] <xlu44> i do remember there some links to discuss coding style [13:43] <rhui4> so is this our meeting lol [13:43] <rhui4> well we can do it like this �01[13:43] <xlu44> like what? �01[13:43] <xlu44> any suggesion? [13:43] <rhui4> while(x<2){ [13:43] <rhui4> } [13:43] <rhui4> or [13:43] <rhui4> while(x<2) [13:43] <rhui4> { [13:43] <rhui4> } [13:43] <OzZy_M> ya �01[13:43] <xlu44> i pretty first one [13:44] <OzZy_M> I was going to get a link for you guys from 244 website [13:44] <OzZy_M> but it is down :( �01[13:44] <xlu44> that what i wanna do [13:44] <rhui4> and then how many spaces are for tabs �01[13:44] <xlu44> but it's down [13:44] <OzZy_M> I have another link that just shows you hungarian notation if you want that [13:44] <rhui4> 3 or 5 [13:44] <OzZy_M> rofl!!! [13:44] <OzZy_M> 5?! [13:44] <OzZy_M> nm [13:44] <rhui4> lol [13:44] <OzZy_M> ignore me [13:44] <rhui4> normal tab is 5 right? �01[13:44] <xlu44> 4 �01[13:44] <xlu44> or 8 [13:44] <OzZy_M> 3 or 4 lol �01[13:44] <xlu44> i prefer 4 or even 3 [13:45] <rhui4> same [13:45] <OzZy_M> we used 3 in our group [13:45] <OzZy_M> and no tab character �01[13:45] <xlu44> yes [13:45] <OzZy_M> tab character is evil [13:45] <rhui4> space between braces [13:45] <rhui4> like �01[13:45] <xlu44> space will be better [13:45] <OzZy_M> I have a wiki I put up [13:45] <OzZy_M> on how to convert \t to 3 spaces [13:45] <rhui4> while ( x < 2 ) { [13:45] <OzZy_M> or however many spaces you want �01[13:45] <xlu44> so no comfilict durring different platform or different edit �01[13:46] <xlu44> what method do you use? �01[13:46] <xlu44> could you simply tell us a little bit �01[13:46] <xlu44> editor* [13:46] <OzZy_M> EVERYTHING we talked about interms of styles [13:46] <OzZy_M> is on our team page [13:46] <OzZy_M> let me get you a link �01[13:46] <xlu44> k �01[13:47] <xlu44> it's important [13:47] <OzZy_M> http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/OOP344_-_HOTYS_-_20102#Coding_Style_Rules �01[13:47] <xlu44> so everyone follow one rule [13:47] <OzZy_M> if you have any questions just ask me [13:47] <OzZy_M> ya [13:47] <OzZy_M> that is part of the assignment [13:47] <rhui4> thx [13:47] <OzZy_M> adherring to ONE coding style �01[13:47] <xlu44> it will be esay debug and consolidates the final file [13:49] <lwang168> we are assigning our project now or next week [13:49] <OzZy_M> I should have been this week [13:49] <OzZy_M> but it will probably be next week �01[13:49] <xlu44> All const and #define Variable names should be in All Caps �01[13:49] <xlu44> Example: �01[13:49] <xlu44> const int nMAX_TRIPS; �01[13:49] <xlu44> #define MAX_TRIPS 1 [13:49] <lwang168> only four members [13:49] <OzZy_M> he didn't get the accounts from ACS AFAIK �01[13:50] <xlu44> it's a little bit confuse me [13:50] <OzZy_M> how so? �01[13:50] <xlu44> const int NMAX_TRIPS or ... [13:50] <lwang168> i should go at 2:00 [13:50] <OzZy_M> the n [13:50] <OzZy_M> is a prefix �01[13:50] <xlu44> yes the n [13:50] <rhui4> i like it [13:50] <OzZy_M> to help you see what type of variable it is �01[13:50] <xlu44> oh �01[13:50] <xlu44> ok [13:51] <OzZy_M> if it was a character variable it would be cMAX_TRIPS [13:51] <OzZy_M> so you don't have to go looking for the declaration [13:51] <OzZy_M> you can see right away what type it is �01[13:51] <xlu44> mainly i wholeheartly agree with your style [13:53] <OzZy_M> it is a predominately Microsoft coding style �01[13:53] <xlu44> only one thing is �01[13:53] <xlu44> u like GetChar as ur function name �01[13:53] <xlu44> i prefer getChar [13:53] <OzZy_M> ok [13:53] <OzZy_M> ask your group what they prefer [13:53] <OzZy_M> and either reach consensus [13:53] <OzZy_M> or vote :P �01[13:54] <xlu44> because in sys366 and 466 professor just recommand us to use getChar style [13:54] <rhui4> i like GetChar [13:54] <rhui4> better �01[13:54] <xlu44> in all our document [13:54] <rhui4> ok lets go for that then [13:54] <rhui4> no point in getting bad habbits [13:54] <OzZy_M> note [13:54] <OzZy_M> EVERY company you work for [13:54] <OzZy_M> will have something different [13:54] <OzZy_M> so there is no point in getting attached to one style [13:54] <OzZy_M> we just picked that becuase that is what the group voted on �01[13:55] <xlu44> acutally it's it's not recommend it's mendatory [13:56] <OzZy_M> what is mandatory? �01[13:56] <xlu44> getChar in sys466 [13:56] <OzZy_M> then when we get there we will use that [13:56] <OzZy_M> :P [13:57] <Junseok> I like getChar or setFileLocation if you see the source file of Microsoft Win32API or MFC.. �01[13:57] <xlu44> and getChar is a traditional C or C++ style �01[13:57] <xlu44> they call it verb [13:57] <OzZy_M> you guys pick whatever everyone in your group is comfortable with �01[13:57] <xlu44> all function start with a verb [13:57] <OzZy_M> and if all your members are not present [13:57] <OzZy_M> sux for them [13:58] <Junseok> I dont know we're working on difference flatforms so we cannot say.. �01[13:58] <xlu44> do you know fardad will show up or not? [13:58] <rhui4> no i dontl; think so [13:58] <OzZy_M> I don't think he will show up [13:59] <rhui4> he did not show up for the one before us �01[13:59] <xlu44> or he just rejected our meeting requestment? [13:59] <rhui4> hey hey hey i think we kind of have a style ready [13:59] <OzZy_M> he did not look at any of them I think [13:59] <rhui4> we have to keep adding to it hto [13:59] <OzZy_M> because he said he would initial if he accepts or put something if he does not �01[14:01] <xlu44> u r right �01[14:01] <xlu44> hi guys �01[14:01] <xlu44> it's 2:00 [14:01] <rhui4> lu are we done i think he is not ehre becuecause of the svn or somehting �01[14:01] <xlu44> let's at least set something down [14:01] <rhui4> yea i agree it is 201 [14:01] <rhui4> lol [14:02] <OzZy_M> I suggest you guys all agree on styles today [14:02] <OzZy_M> that is a big topic �01[14:02] <xlu44> let's at least pick some function to do in ur list [14:02] <OzZy_M> he is supposed to do that for us �01[14:02] <xlu44> ok [14:02] <OzZy_M> we just took some initiative because we all were getting restless �01[14:02] <xlu44> did he do that for ur team? [14:02] <rhui4> so what shallw e do now i thkn kwe should get together another date makle sure pyia is here and finalized [14:02] <OzZy_M> He did NOT do that for our team [14:02] <OzZy_M> like I said [14:03] <OzZy_M> we were all anxious to get to work [14:03] <OzZy_M> so we all voted on which we wanted �01[14:03] <xlu44> haha [14:03] <OzZy_M> I just put up our second log �01[14:03] <xlu44> i just saw he was busy on some thing else maybe in his open source project [14:03] <OzZy_M> where? [14:03] <OzZy_M> he isn't in IRC is he? [14:04] <rhui4> anyone here �06[14:04] * rhui4 is thkning of leaving if noone replies �01[14:04] <xlu44> after last class in the seneca channel �01[14:04] <xlu44> concur �01[14:04] <xlu44> u r approvaled �01[14:04] <xlu44> approved [14:04] <rhui4> yea [14:05] <rhui4> atleast his bot should be here [14:05] <OzZy_M> are you guys logging this channel? [14:05] <OzZy_M> because I have a bot that is at home I think [14:05] <rhui4> xiong said he would �01[14:05] <xlu44> hi guys �01[14:06] <xlu44> due to fardad is not here [14:06] <rhui4> i am lagging like no 2morrow too �01[14:06] <xlu44> and our members have lots of home work need to deal with �01[14:06] <xlu44> we didn't set anything down [14:07] <Junseok> Common Hungarian Notation Prefixes [14:07] <Junseok> Prefix Data Type [14:07] <Junseok> b - BOOL [14:07] <Junseok> c or ch - char [14:07] <Junseok> clr - COLORREF [14:07] <Junseok> cx, cy - Horizontal or vertical distance [14:07] <Junseok> dw - DWORD [14:07] <Junseok> h - Handle [14:07] <Junseok> l - LONG [14:07] <Junseok> n - int [14:07] <Junseok> p - Pointer [14:07] <Junseok> sz - Zero-terminated string [14:07] <Junseok> w - WORD �01[14:07] <xlu44> but I wish we can draw something before next tusday so we can start the project and finish it before due day [14:07] <Junseok> I think we can use this Hungarian style. [14:07] <Junseok> when we decide the name of variables. �01[14:07] <xlu44> it's nice [14:07] <rhui4> so shall we have another meeitng together [14:08] <rhui4> ok [14:08] <rhui4> i agree xion [14:08] <rhui4> g �01[14:08] <xlu44> could you juneseok copy ur idea to our team wiki page �01[14:08] <xlu44> so all of us can refer them later on? [14:08] <Junseok> yes I have a book of MFC something like that, I'll post this table on wiki. �01[14:09] <xlu44> ok [14:09] <rhui4> ok thxc [14:09] <Junseok> no problem. �01[14:09] <xlu44> do you guys have time on monday? [14:09] <rhui4> i have work monday so i can do it at night [14:09] <rhui4> meet at night like after 8 �01[14:09] <xlu44> it's ok to me [14:09] <Junseok> I'm fine too �01[14:10] <xlu44> liang are u there? [14:10] <lwang168> yes [14:10] <Junseok> I'll find some information of coding style from book or internet. �01[14:10] <xlu44> monday 8:00pm is ok to you [14:10] <Junseok> monday? [14:10] <lwang168> ok [14:10] <rhui4> jun u ok at 8? tomrrow �01[14:10] <xlu44> and one more important thing is set job list done [14:10] <Junseok> ok!! [14:10] <rhui4> ok �01[14:10] <xlu44> he is ok he said [14:10] <lwang168> ok [14:10] <Junseok> ok [14:10] <rhui4> ok �01[14:11] <xlu44> see you guys all 8:00pm same channel [14:11] <rhui4> ok see you then [14:11] <Junseok> ok see you then [14:11] <Junseok> have a great day! [14:11] <rhui4> you too �01[14:11] <xlu44> u 2 [14:11] <rhui4> damn such long good buy [14:11] <rhui4> bye [14:11] <Junseok> bye �02[14:11] * Junseok (~jpark68@CPE00222d2e91a8-CM00222d2e91a4.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) Quit [14:12] <rhui4> exit