Please help make this page resourceful for all OOP344 students to use!
Short link for current page: bit.ly/oop344
OOP344 -- Object Oriented Programming II Using C++
The Project (under construction)
The project for this semester is a multiplatform text based, Text Editor and is done using opensource concepts
The project is divided into 2 main parts. The Basic Input Output Library, and Main Application
Basic Input Output Library
- C based multi-platform IO functions; (Majority of the code is provided by the prof).
- The Project is initiated on individual SVN accounts for each team
- Each team member is to commit a section of the code and resolve possible conflicts.
This part will be done collaboratively in groups of 4 - 8 students under a simulated open source model
- Basic Encapsulating Classes
This part is written in C++ and encapsulates the io routines into classes
- The Application
this part is written in C++ and uses the "Basic Encapsulating Classes" classes to do interact with the user.
- Test 1 10%
- Test 2 10%
- IO Library 3%
- Application 27%
- Contribution and Participation 10%
- Final Exam 40%
- Class notes can be found here: svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/oop344 (userid: oop344, password: blank
- Practical Open Source Software Exploration
- How To edit Wiki pages
- How To edit Wiki Cheatsheet
- Subversion (SVN)
- Download Page of TortoiseSVN
- TortoiseSVN Documentation
- SVN book at red-bean.com or downloadthe PDF from here.
- Mac Lab Available in 2108 as well as in the Computing Commons*
- IRC Basics
- IRC Tutorial
- Colloquy an IRC Client for Mac
- Changing Tab Key Behaviour in Certain IDEs