Intergrate new features to MDC, work on existing bugs and fix compatibility issues for the upgrade of Mediawiki to 1.7. (Tentative description)
References: dria and sancus
Name(s) of people casually working on the project, or who have contributed significant help. Include links to personal pages within wiki
Current task list (no particular order yet):
- Integrating the Nutch searchbox into the wiki skins - in progress
- Urchin integration
- Work on skin-related bugs
- Updating extensions for Mediawiki 1.7 compatibility
September 20, 2006
- Discussion of project scope with Deb, Andrei, Dave and Shaver.
September 25, 2006
- Received an account on linux 2 to install my own installation of devmo wiki for testing.
- Problem: After checking out the wiki source from devmo, I used sancus's devmo configuration file to get this running, but it kept redirecting to his installation for some reason. Browsing the setting files, etc. didn't reveal any solution.
- Solution: sancus and shaver suggested using a hostname instead of a user directory link (ie. /~melz). Strangely, that fixed it. A mystery.
October 11, 2006
- Checked out devmo's css files (it was in a different path) and moved it so that everything loads up properly.
- Everything looks great so I'm getting my own dump of devmo's wiki contents instead of pointing to sancus's installation
- Problem: Had issues getting 'mysqlimport' to populate my database.
- Solution: Ended up using just 'mysql' and the errors stopped. 'mysqlimport' seems more picky for some reason.
- All set up and ready to go.