Intergrate new features to MDC, work on existing bugs and fix compatibility issues for the upgrade of Mediawiki to 1.7. (Tentative description)
References: dria and sancus
Name(s) of people casually working on the project, or who have contributed significant help. Include links to personal pages within wiki
|Mediawiki Setup||Setup an installation of devmo wiki (production copy) for local development and testing.
|Integrate Nutch searchbox into wiki skin||Related bug: #352411
Upcoming tasks list (no particular order):
- Urchin integration
- Work on skin-related bugs
- Updating extensions for Mediawiki 1.7 compatibility
September 20, 2006
- Discussion of project scope with Deb, Andrei, Dave and Shaver.
September 25, 2006
- Received an account on linux 2 to install my own local installation of devmo wiki for testing.
- Problem: After checking out the wiki source from devmo, I used sancus's devmo configuration file to get this running, but it kept redirecting to his installation for some reason. Browsing the setting files, etc. didn't reveal any solution.
- Solution: sancus and shaver suggested using a hostname instead of a user directory link (ie. /~melz). Strangely, that fixed it. A mystery.
October 11, 2006
- Checked out devmo's css files (it was in a different path) and moved it so that everything loads up properly.
- Everything looks great so I'm getting my own dump of devmo's wiki contents instead of pointing to sancus's installation
- Problem: Had issues getting 'mysqlimport' to populate my database.
- Solution: Ended up using just 'mysql' and the errors stopped. 'mysqlimport' seems more picky for some reason.
- All set up and ready to go.
October 25, 2006
- Applied patch for bug #352411. Didn't work first time, no output from the search engine was displayed. Spoke to sancus about it and he managed to debug the issue so it's working now.
- New bugs to look at: 358112, 357682, 347924 or 353210/353208
- Discussed bug #357682 with sancus and got it narrowed down to a server configuration problem rather than on Nutch's side.
- Working on #358112 now...