Welcome to MAP524/DPS924 - Android Programming
What This Course is About
In this course you will learn to program applications for the Android operating system
- You've already completed several programming courses, including Introduction to Java. Now you will apply everything you learned from basic programming to networking and XML/web development to learn a more advanced programming framework.
- Mobile programming has been a hot development field for several years and it doesn't seem to be going away. One might say creating an Android application is as important for a developer today as creating a webpage was ten years ago. Whether it's exactly your chosen speciality or not - it's a good set of technologies to know.
- In this course you will set up and use your own Android development environment on an ICT USB Stick - that way you can carry your work (including the OS, software, and data) with you and use different computers to access it.
Learning by Doing
Most of the learning in this course occurs through the hands-on problem solving that takes place in the eight labs and two assignments.
Requirements for Success
- It is very important to stay up-to-date with the coursework, and to practice until you have confidently mastered each task.
- All of the software used in this course is open source software, so you are free to use, modify, and redistribute it. This means that you can install it as many times as you want on as many different computers as you would like. It also means that you can tinker with it -- you can take it apart, see how it works, and put it back together in the same or a different way, limited only by your time and ambition. You are encouraged to experiment and question liberally.
- The notes that you make during the labs and assignments are your reference material for the quizzes, tests, and assignments. Take really good notes, and if you have questions, experiment and consult with your professor.
| USB3 Stick||Minimum Capacity: 31,037,849,600 bytes |
(download and print)
|Textbook (not required but a good reference to have on a test/exam)||From ebookfrenzy.com|
During the Summer 2015 semester, MAP524 is taught by:
- You can edit these pages! Please feel free to fix typos or add links to additional resources. Please use this capability responsibly.
If you're looking for the old MAP524 page, it's here: MAP524/DPS924 - 2014