Integration of bluglu device
- To integrate bluglu device into the Mobile Medical Device Integration project to enable the project's functionality of connecting blood glucose devices.
Current Work and Issues
About Bluglu Device
- bluglu device is a Medical Device Data Interface Adapter, which can attach to the OneTouch® UltraMini® Blood Glucose Meters and converts the UART serialized data into Bluetooth. Bluglu device is a in-house product of Toronto University Health Network. Bluglu is built around an 8-bit microcontroller and includes a Bluetooth module, an Apple specific co-processor, LED status inducators, a micro-USB connector (for battery charging), and various passive components combined on a dual-layer printed circuit board.
- Dimensions: 58cm x 35cm x 12cm
- Radio: Bluetooth 2.0, Class 2
- Battery: Build-in rechargeable lithium-ion, charge using mini-USB
- Firmware: Update over Bluetooth and USB
- Supported Devices: Blood Glucose Meters: LifeScan OneTouch Ultra, Ultra2, UltraMini
- Tap the reset button once to put the BluGlu into a known state (idle). Hold the reset button until the white LED turns on, it should take about 4-5 seconds.
- Release the reset button and the BluGlu is now in a "waiting for pairing" state for about 2 minutes. If pairing times out, BluGlu will remain paired with the last device it was successfully paired with.
- Do a Bluetooth device discovery on the mobile phone. Once BluGlu is discovered, you can attempt to pair with it. BluGlu will try to use Simple Secure Pairing, but not all devices support that. If they don't, it will try to revert to using a PIN code.
- If this happens, the PIN code is 589213
- UHN Device Communication Protocol Specification (UDCP): UDCP-page3
- Command Explanation:
- Device commands can be issued from the host to request data such as the the battery level. Device commands do not get passed to the sensor that is attached to the bluglu (glucose meter).
- Raw commands are sent from the host to bluglu. Bluglu will then strip out the actual raw packet and pass that to the sensor that is attached.
1. HTC A7275 (Android version 2.3.3).
2. MOTOROLA XT885 (Android version 4.04).
3. MOTOROLA MB860 (Android version 2.2.1).