Implementing the Mouse Lock API in Firefox
This is a working document for the implementation of the Mouse Lock API spec in Mozilla by students in David Humphrey's Mozilla Development class at Seneca College.
Please add, edit, correct, expand, etc. as necessary. This page should contain any links or other info we need.
While the project is primarily meant for students in DPS909/OSD600, feel free to join us if you want to work on things.
- David Humphrey (lead developer, professor, @humphd)
- Hasan Kamal-Al-Deen (tardy student, @NorthWind87)
- Matthew Schranz (Student, OSD600, @mjschranz)
- Yevgeniy Ivanchenko (Student, OSD600)
- Chris Gosselin (Student, OSD600)
- Anurag Bhatnagar (Student, DPS909, @anuragbh)
- Raymond Hung (Student, DPS909)
- Jesse Silver (Student, OSD600)
- Ching Wei Tseng(Student, DPS909)
- Michelle Mendoza (Student, DPS909)
- Archana Sahota (Student, DPS909)
- Greg Krilov (Student, DPS909)
- Roman Hotin (Student, DPS909)
- Jordan Raffoul (Student)
- Hyungryul Chun (Student, DPS909)
- James Boelen (Masked Crusader, @jamesboelen)
- Jacky Siu (Student, OSD600)
- Abhishek Bhatnagar (Student, @abhishekToronto)
- Diogo Golovanevsky Monteiro (@diogogmt)
- Stanley Tsang (Student, DPS909)
- <your name here>
Development work will be done using a combination of the following:
- In class discussions: 11:40-1:30 Tuesday and Thursday in TEL T2110
- IRC discussions: #seneca, #paladin
- Questions: ask and answer any questions here: Mouse Lock Implementation FAQ
- Trackable Work Items: put all sub-items we have to do here https://github.com/humphd/mozilla-central/issues
- Blog Series: http://vocamus.net/dave/?cat=28
- Clone our repo and build a debug version locally
- Get a https://bugzilla.mozilla.org account and CC yourself on the bug.
- Set a Watch on this page and the Q/A page so you know when things change.
- Break the spec down into an itemized list of things we need to do, tests we need to write, features we have to add, edge cases we have to worry about, demos we need to build, etc. Put the info into this page. We need to know everything we'll have to write and schedule when we'll do each bit.
- Blog about your work on this implementation
- Add questions/answers to Mouse Lock Implementation FAQ
- Spec Document: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/default/mouse-lock.html
- Implementation Repo: https://github.com/humphd/mozilla-central on the mouselock branch.
- Mozilla Bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=633602
- WebKit Bug: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=68468
- Chromium Bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=72754