Historical Hera Config
Mozilla@Seneca Cluster Administration
This project page is for all system and network administration tasks on the Mozilla cluster at Seneca.
None as of yet.
|Test a Buildbot TryScheduler with MailNotifier.||Low||Getting errors from CVS. Need to e-mail the mailing list again.|
|Document all cluster machine tasks.||High||Ongoing|
|Create new windows images.||Low||Waiting for enough things to add to make it worthwhile. So far the following are needed:
|Real world IPs for all machines||High||Waiting on ITT|
|Investigate high latency on the cluster||Low||ACS did network upgrades on the cluster. This is tentatively solved.|
|Create clean images of commonly used machines. Ubuntu, Windows 2003, others?||Medium||Ubuntu images done. Not sure how to do Windows images yet because of product key issues.|
|Document the steps involved in making a generic VM. Pre-installed software should be included in this.||Medium|
|Document the steps involved in bringing up a new VM. This should cover configuration changes as well as who needs to be notified. Is there a list of things that ACS needs yet?||Medium|
|Find a better way to give VNC access to VMs. Ideally I want GDM running on a vnc port.||Medium||Justin is currently looking into this.|
bhearsum 13:16, 15 November 2006 (EST)
- A redid the Ubuntu server generic image as an edgy install. Along with this I made notes about how to make a generic install. I will be doing an Ubuntu Desktop install shortly, but I'm waiting on Justin's stuff re: VNC.
bhearsum 12:40, 24 November 2006 (EST)
- The cluster was down for maintenance recently. Some network upgrades were done at that time. Nobody has felt any lag since this happened. The cluster lag is *tentatively* solved.
Sept. 25, 2006
- TryScheduler is setup, need to test it.
Sept. 26, 2006
- Big Errors when attempting to use 'buildbot try'. Posted to the mailing list about it.
Sept. 28, 2006
- Win2 was imaged and win4 and win5 brought online.
- linux12 - linux15 were brought online.
Sept. 29, 2006
- Buildbot maintainer replied to my mailing list post. What he says looks promising, I will be testing it out this weekend.
Sept. 30, 2006
- Fixed the first error with 'buildbot try'. Getting a new problem related to 'cvs diff', need to post to the mailing list again.
22:43, 1 October 2006 (EDT)
- New problem can be fixed by adding '-N' flag. Need to post to mailing list and see if this can be changed in trunk.
13:23, 5 October 2006 (EDT)
- Port forwards to the VMs were enabled. I spent a few hours figuring out why I couldn't connect to the Windows 2003 server with RDP, turns out the encryption level was too high.
- shaver would like to get a list of things we need to do before bringing new VMs online. I think this is a good idea. It would be unfortunate if projects were held up because of politics.
15:00, 6 October 2006 (EDT)
- Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server generic images are now available in /usr2/Generic VMs. Windows 2003 to come.
17:16, 30 October 2006 (EST)
- Played with buildbot try some more. I found out that it is not a stable feature yet. I'm thinking about whether I want to take on development of it.