Difference between revisions of "Historical Hera Config"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
== Roadmap ==
== Roadmap ==
== Details ==
== Details ==
Revision as of 13:41, 6 December 2006
Mozilla@Seneca Cluster Administration
This project page is for all system and network administration tasks on the Mozilla cluster at Seneca.
None as of yet.
Documentation is extremely important in this project. Because many people have administrative access to the cluster machines soft copy documentation is necessary. Anyone who needs to know something about the cluster should be able to find it within the documentation.
- Any time that a new port is forwarded the Forwarded Ports must be updated. This page is mainly used as a reference for users in case they forget what port to connect on for ssh, http, etc.
- Any time a new user is given access to a cluster machine or a VM running on a cluster machine the List of Cluster Users must be updated. This is just a quick reference page.
- Cluster Machine Tasks is the most important of all three. It tracks exactly who has access to what machine or VM, what servers are running on them, and in the case of VMs their IP address.
|Test a Buildbot TryScheduler with MailNotifier.||Low||Getting errors from CVS. Need to e-mail the mailing list again.|
|Document all cluster machine tasks.||High||Ongoing|
|Create new windows images.||Low||Waiting for enough things to add to make it worthwhile. So far the following are needed:
|Real world IPs for all machines||High||Waiting on ITT|
|Investigate high latency on the cluster||Low||ACS did network upgrades on the cluster. This is tentatively solved.|
|Create clean images of commonly used machines. Ubuntu, Windows 2003, others?||Medium||Ubuntu images done. Not sure how to do Windows images yet because of product key issues.|
|Document the steps involved in making a generic VM. Pre-installed software should be included in this.||Medium|
|Document the steps involved in bringing up a new VM. This should cover configuration changes as well as who needs to be notified. Is there a list of things that ACS needs yet?||Medium|
|Find a better way to give VNC access to VMs. Ideally I want GDM running on a vnc port.||Medium||Justin is currently looking into this.|
|Find out why apache doesn't work through the initscripts on linux2||Done||SELinux was the problem. Fixed by "setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans 1"|
bhearsum 13:16, 15 November 2006 (EST)
- A redid the Ubuntu server generic image as an edgy install. Along with this I made notes about how to make a generic install. I will be doing an Ubuntu Desktop install shortly, but I'm waiting on Justin's stuff re: VNC.
bhearsum 12:40, 24 November 2006 (EST)
- The cluster was down for maintenance recently. Some network upgrades were done at that time. Nobody has felt any lag since this happened. The cluster lag is *tentatively* solved.