HOWTO: Access Your Matrix Account
Once you have a Matrix account, below are some ways you can access the Matrix server at Seneca.
Use Windows on Seneca Lab PCs
- Boot up the PC normally, by default it will boot to Windows.
- Login to Windows using your MySeneca account.
- Find on the desktop the Seneca MyApps and double-click it to open.
- Find the search bar on the top left of the webpage (not the Firefox web browser search) that looks like the one below:
- Start typing "SSH Secure Shell Connection Client"
- Hover over the SSH Secure Shell Client thumbnail and then click "Launch"
- Once the application opens click the "Quick Connect" button.
- Provide the following information:
- Host Name: matrix.senecacollege.ca
- Username: (your Matrix/MySeneca username)
- Click connect.
- Enter your password when asked and answer Yes to any other popups.
- You should now be connected to Matrix.