Intel Parallel Studio Inspector
Intel Inspector (successor of Intel Thread Checker) is a memory and thread checking and debugging tool to increase the reliability, security, and accuracy of C/C++ and Fortran applications.
It can be used with the following
- TBB (Thread Build Blocks)
- MPI (Message Passing Interface
- Memory leaks
- Memory corruption
- Allocation and deallocation API mismatches
- Inconsistent memory API usage
- Illegal memory access
- Uninitialized memory read
- Data races
- Heap races
- Stack races
New for 2019
- Find persistence errors like missing or redundant cache flushes. (Persistent memory is an emerging class of memory storage technology.)
- Detect deadlocks on std::shared_mutex (C++17 standard).
- Experience improved compatibility with some antiviruses.
- Use the latest operating systems and Microsoft Visual Studio*.
Levels of Analysis
- The first level of analysis has little overhead. Use it during development because it is fast.
- The second level (shown below) takes more time and detects more issues. It is often used before checking in a new feature.
- The third level is great for regression testing and finding bugs.