Please help make this page resourceful for all GPU621/DPS921 students to use!
GPU621/DPS921 - Parallel Algorithms and Programming Techniques
- Large data and compute-intensive problems benefit from parallel solutions. Modern hardware has parallel processing capabilities in varying degrees. Students study a set of industry-standard parallel patterns and learn how to implement parallel algorithms on multi-processor accelerators, shared memory systems and distributed systems using a range of programming models.
- GPU621 Course Outline
- DPS921 Course Outline
- The workshops provide timely opportunities to implement some of the material covered during the lectures. Each workshop is graded and all submissions are through Moodle.
- Detail Specifications
- Grading - The due date for each workshop is noted in MySeneca. The penalty for late submission is 30% of the workshop mark.
- Project 20%
- Workshops 30%
- Tests without Final Exam 50%
- Tests with Final Exam 35%
- Final Exam (optional) 15%
- Current Software Support
- Cilk Plus - /usr/local/gcc/gcc-cilk/bin/g++ - version 4.9.0 experimental
- TBB - /usr/local/gcc/tbb - version 4.1 update 4 (20130613)
- Matrix Image (as above)
- CUDA 5.5 July 2013 - supports Visual Studio 2012