Fall 2014 SPO600 Participants
Participant and Project Table
|#||Name||Blog URL||IRC Nick||Seneca LDAP ID||Role||Project 1||Project 2||Alternate Projects||Notes Regarding Projects||Project Approval|
|00||Chris Tyler||http://blog.chris.tylers.info/||ctyler||chris.tyler||Professor||libgcroots||gdb (add reverse debugging support for AArch64)||libgcroots (garbage collection root library) is used by sigscheme and uim (multilingual input library) and looks like a moderate task - needs arch/OS specific information about finding stack base. gdb reverse debugging support (which is currently unmaintained) works only on x86 at present but the porting work looks heavy but reasonable.||CT|
|01||Hunter Jansen||http://rawkamatic.github.io/opensource||Student||jsl||snort||fio,||Snort is a weird case in that it doesn't seem to actually have any assembler code in it, so it could potentially be small; requires more investigation. JSL's asm looks to mainly be for a few platforms. CT: Snort is dead.package in Fedora since F14. Why?||CT|
|02||Linpei Fan||http://linpei.blogspot.ca/||Lilyaj||lfan9||CPA Student|
|05||Kieran Sedgwick||http://sedgestuff.wordpress.com/||ksedgwick||Student||unrar-free||LAME||unrar-free presents more of a challenge, since it definitely has ASM code that needs to be made portable. LAME's debugger ASM code needs more research to understand. CT: LAME is not included in Fedora or Debian - why?||CT|
|09||Emmanuel Ho Fidelino||http://sylask.wordpress.com/||ehofidelino||Student||krb5||polarssl||CT: testing krb5 will require a lot of setup. Likewise, polarssl is a library and is not used directly but accessed by other software (power DNS, dislocker). How are you going to test your changes to these packages? Do they include test suites?|
- # - Sequential line number
- Name - Your full name, linked to your wiki user profile page (please place contact information there).
- IRC Nick(s) - Your nicks (nicknames) as used on IRC. Leave this blank if you're not using IRC yet.
- Seneca LDAP Id - Your Seneca LDAP identifier, used for your Seneca email account, student record access, computer login, server accounts, and so forth.
- Role - Professor, CTY Student, CTYC Student, IFS Student, CDOT Researcher, etc.
- Project 1 - Link to your first SPO600 software package wiki page. Leave blank if you have not selected your SPO600 projects yet.
- Project 2 - Link to your second SPO600 software package wiki page. Leave blank if you have not selected your SPO600 projects yet.
- Alternate Projects - Projects you are interested in doing if your selected project is not approved.
- Notes Regarding Project - Any comments you have about your project selection.
- Project Approval - Initialed by your professor when your project selection is approved; may also contain a note about comments on the Talk page.
Instructions - Participant Information
Please add your name, IRC nick, and Learn ID as soon as possible. Link your name to your Wiki user page.