This FAQ is meant to provide a place for you to capture knowledge as you begin working on Mozilla development. When someone answers a question for you, consider adding it below. Create new topic headings as necessary.
- Where can I get information on building Firefox or other Mozilla products?
- Start with the documentation on MDC: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation.
- Where can I get more help building Firefox on Windows?
- See Building Firefox on Win32 using Visual Studio .NET 2005.
- Windows Build Documentation is updated - 17:15, Sept 16 2006 (EST)
- Seneca students can get Visual Studios .NET 2003 or 2005 from ACS.
- How can I checkout the source code when ACS is blocking ports?
- Open up two terminals. The first one makes a tunnel to matrix. In terminal 1:
- ssh -L 2401:cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:2401 -l yourusername yourusername@matrix
- In terminal 2:
- cvs -d :pserver:anonymous:anonymous@localhost:/cvsroot co mozilla/client.mk
- Where can I find a comprehensive list of IRC clients?
- Where can I ask for help on IRC?
- Use the #seneca, #firefox, #build or #developers channels on irc://irc.mozilla.org.
- What is the best way to share long error messages or other text that is too big to copy/paste into IRC?
- What is the best way to share long URLs in IRC?
- Use http://tinyurl.com/ and paste the resulting URL into IRC.
- IRSSI + Terminal Server:
- What do all these acronyms stand for?
- Look them up on the Glossary of IRC terminology