This FAQ is meant to provide a place for you to capture knowledge as you begin working on Mozilla development. When someone answers a question for you, consider adding it below. Create new topic headings as necessary.
- Where can I get information on building Firefox or other Mozilla products?
- Start with the documentation on MDC: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation.
- Where can I get more help building Firefox on Windows?
- Where can I find a comprehensive list of IRC clients?
- Where can I ask for help on IRC?
- Use the #seneca, #firefox or #developers channels on irc://irc.mozilla.org.
- What is the best way to share long error messages or other text that is too big to copy/paste into IRC?
- What is the best way to share long URLs in IRC?
- Use http://tinyurl.com/ and paste the resulting URL into IRC.
- IRSSI + Terminal Server:
- Click for a quick Irssi Tutorial
- What does MDC or devmo refer to?
- Mozilla Developer Center - http://developer.mozilla.org.