Extending the Buildbot/Archive
This page holds old news and project details from the Extending the Buildbot page.
|Bonsai can list recent changes in an easily parseable XML format. A new ChangeSource needs to be implemented to poll Bonsai for changes and start a build after the tree is stable.||Done||
||New patch has been applied to the trunk. This task is complete.|
Sept. 19, 2006
- Reading code related to the Waterfall display in regrads to build commenting.
Sept. 25, 2006
Sept. 25, 2006
- Spoke to shaver on the phone about the idea of having buildbot pump build event notifications to Joga as a way of showing the potential. We need to think about how best to achieve this, whether through RSS or some more lightweight format.
Sept. 27, 2006
- Saw a post on the buildbot sourceforge page about RSS of the buildbot Waterfall display. Should look into this some more.
Sept. 30, 2006
- Started porting Tinderbox build commenting code. Looks like it won't be a huge task :).
22:42, 1 October 2006 (EDT)
- Bigger task than I thought. I'm having trouble adding a 'notes' log upon instantiation of a status.Build. Will look into it more tomorrow.
11:54, 3 October 2006 (EDT)
- I thought I found a solution to the notes issue, but it's a dead end. I can't just add a notes log whenever a new build is added. raWr. I'm going to look at creating a status.BuildNotes and status.NotesBox.
14:16, 9 October 2006 (EDT)
- BuildNotes and NotesBox was a dead end.
- I discussed build commenting with Brian on the Buildbot mailing list. The appropriate place for this is in IBuildStatus. He'd like it implemented as a "Build Property". Looking at it now, it seems _extremely_ simple. It will not be added as a log, but appending it to the logs is trivial.
17:55, 11 October 2006 (EDT)
- Much progress has been made! Build commenting is almost completely implemented now. Small UI changes and a few things to the main Waterfall page have to be done. I'm having a bit of trouble saving the comments, I'm not sure what to do about that yet. It seems like a bug but I can't be sure. I will probably submit the patch with that note and see what Brian says about it.
01:50, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
- My patch has been submitted. Now I wait and see how repulsed Brian is ;)
00:25, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- First reactions from Brian are good. I need to add an option to the Waterfall display to enable/disable comments. Should be easy! (Why do I keep saying that?)
11:16, 19 October 2006 (EDT)
- I couldn't sleep so I implemented the Waterfall comments option. Woooo, it really was as easy as I thought it would be.
13:25, 23 October 2006 (EDT)
- I created test_tinderbox.py. Currently it tests to make sure bz2 and gzip compression works fine. There is probably more to test but I can't think of anything else right now.
22:38, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
- Started writing Bonsai test cases today, having some trouble. I have a feeling this would have been much easier if I wrote the test cases _first_
00:23, 31 October 2006 (EST)
- I finally got a working test case written for the BonsaiPoller. Lot's of silly mistakes were made on my first attempt. Writing more should not be very difficult now. But first....sleep!