EHL VPN Client Configuration in Fedora
The EHL has a PPTP VPN for remote access.
Creating a VPN User
1. Add an entry to the /etc/ppp/chap-secrets file on
# Secrets for authentication using CHAP # client server secret IP addresses userid pptpd password *
2. Reload the pptpd server:
sudo systemctl reload pptpd
Setting up Remote Access Using NetworkManager GUI Setup Tools in Fedora (Gnome)
To set up access to the VPN from a remote Fedora system graphically:
- Access the Network portion of the Setting application.
- Click the + sign to add a new network connection.
- Select VPN as the connection type.
- Select Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) as the VPN type.
- Fill in these parameters:
- User name: Your VPN Username
- Password: Your VPN Password (the system will ask you for this when you connect anyway)
- NT Domain: leave blank
- In the IPv4 tab, fill in these parameters:
- IPv4: On
- Address: DHCP
- DNS: Automatic
- Address: 172.16.172.0
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 172.16.172.254
- Metric: leave blank
- Apply the changes.
- Start the VPN with the control in the Network Settings screen or at the top of the Gnome screen.