|Please be aware of these facts when using the CD/DVD burners at Seneca's computer labs:
- Most labs at Seneca College require students externally boot their lab machines (i.e. from removable disk drive) in order to use the CD / DVD burner...
- On the other hand, the TEL OPEN LAB (Rm. T2113) allows students to boot Internally in order to download CD / DVD images onto their Desktop, and then burn them.
- Although useful, the Freedom Toaster is older, and may be prone to frequent break-downs. It is recommended to use the CD / DVD burners at the open Seneca computer lab.
Procedure to Download and Burn a CD/DVD in TEL Open Lab:
- Set "Master Selector" on CPU to Internal.
- Power on Computer.
- Place CD/DVD media into the writable CD/DVD drive.
- To access the boot menu quicker, press ESC at the network boot procedure
- Select 2. Win 7 from the boot menu
NOTE: It may be preferable to boot WINDOWS as opposed to Matrix
(since you may have limited account space in your Matrix account to download a DVD image).
- Download the appropriate Image to your Windows Desktop:
- After the image has been downloaded to your desktop, right-click on the image file, and in the context menu, select Open With, and then select Nero Express Essentials in the sub-menu.
- Click Burn to start the burning process to the CD/DVD. This process will take several minutes.
- When the burn is completed, exit the application, and remove your CD/DVD from the machine.
- Remove your downloaded images on your desktop.
- Log-out and shutdown the computer.
- It is highly recommended to test to see if your install CD/DVD image works by going to your SEC520 lab, and see if the CD and DVD media correctly boots up in the computer lab...
The TEL OPEN LAB
is one of the few areas at Seneca that allows the student to burn CD/DVDs without having to boot from an external (removable) hard drive
Follow the instructions below to download and burn your Fedora 16 DVD
and Fedora LIVE CD