DPS909 & OSD600 Fall 2018
- 4 releases, some with multiple bugs/PRs required
- Chance to work on real code, real projects
- Big learning curve, lots of time required
- Amazing chance to gain experience, network, build your skills and resume
- Let's talk about Copyright and Open Source Licenses
- We're going to explore licensing from the POV of a developer participating in open projects
- Copyright (Copyright in Canada video)
- Who created it, "owns" it.
- Set of exclusive rights granted to the work's creator
- "The right to copy," to produce or reproduce a work or substantial portion thereof
- Copyright is automatic when a work is created, you don't have to register it.
- Copyright in Canada
- Copyright Guide
- In a software project, there can be many copyright holders (e.g., many contributors), or all contributors may assign their copyright to the project (e.g., CLA, which we'll cover later)