DPS901 Cerebral Thought
committed by [NAME] / being committed by [NAME]
|Shayan Zafar Ahmad||Sound|
Goal - Our game will attempt to focus more on the technical aspects of game development and less on story line and content. In this way we will seek to improve our understanding of DirectX and the techniques used in game programming.
- The user will have control over a small spaceship that can fly in any direction.
- The world will be populated by floating rocks and random objects.
- The world will be 'unlimited' in space in that once the user reaches a certain point it will loop back to the other side of the map.
- The user will be able to turn on and off features of the game that we have created. Such as textures, weather patterning, event driven sound, etc.
- The user will be able to cycle between different models for their spaceship.
- The user will be able to shoot at objects, use after burners to speed up the ship, zoom in and out the camera angle, and rotate the camera angle in any direction independent of velocity.
- The user will be able to save and load the game.
All features are tentative. Order of priority will precede from bullet point #1 as first, #2 as second, etc. We will do our best to incorporate all features listed here into the game. However, it is understood that game programming is hard and that features can be dropped or added at any time in accordance with the level of difficulty that we are experiencing.
- Weather patterning - rain, fog, clouds, lightning, lighting effects.
- Textures - rough, hard, smooth, fluffy, etc.
- Custom UI - simple, intuitive, aesthetically pleasing.
- Collision Detection - objects will not pass through each other, objects will affect other objects movement.
- Background, rain, thunder etc..)
- 3D sound: can occur if an object is shot at a distance
- Interface sounds: sound if user hovers over a button or selects something or saves/loads the game.
- Music: general background music
- Event driven Sound : shooting, impact, thrust
- Event driven Music: can change upon entering a new area or accomplishing something
- Environment sound FX (e.g weather)
- Add support for mouse and keyboard
- Add support for xbox 360 controller
Map of the World of the Game
Moderator's - Instructors Comments
Team Meeting Archive
|Meeting: #01||Date/Time: 09/19/2010:9:50am|
What type of features should a game have?
More Technical Features are required such as: different types of graphics, input and sound rather than gameplay
Create a list of technical features to implement and arrange for another meeting on thursday after class(09/23/2010 at 9:50am)