Club Moz:Meetings/November 15, 2006
From CDOT Wiki
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- We need policies for how to deal with disruptive people.
Post Semester Party
- Hive, N64s, etc.
Next Semster's Moz course
- What's happening with the course next semester:
- What's happening to the wiki
- Super Fun Hack Day post-mortum
- Update on the hive for the last Friday
- Update on i18n stuff with Brian Perry
- Update on webspace/e-mail from Moz
- Update on flyers
- Printed for free?
- Dave Manley's logo
- Announcement on my.seneca
- Ads on the TVs
- Send e-mail to the CS profs -- who is doing this?
- Should club members should be more special and we should do something that differntiate members from non-members
Dealing with Disruptive People
- We decided that if a person repeatedly causes a disruption or distraction (as defined by all committee members present) we will remove them from the event.
- If a person does this at multiple events we will discuss banning them from that event
- These decisions will not be made lightly
End of Semester Gathering
- We need N64 controllers for this
- If anyone has them please e-mail phil (pcvitori at learn)
- Possible games: Goldeneye, Smash Brothers, Mortal Kombat
- Game tournaments
Super Fun Hack Day Post-Mortum
- We received complaints that the Linux Club was crowded and not a good location because some people had trouble finding a place to work
- We decided that for future events if the room ever becomes crowded or someone doesn't have a place to work the event will be moved to the open lab for that day. (Everyone will move, not just a few people.)
- We cannot get webspace or e-mail addresses from Mozilla.org
- We have decided that for the official club e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org (Liz)
- We will be looking into getting clubmoz.senecac.on.ca and an @senecac.on.ca e-mail address (Tom)
- We will ask David Collins (former Seneca student) if he can donate webspace and a domain to us (Ben)
- We will be making two posters, on for Hack Day and one for the Meetings
- They should contain the following:
- Basic Club Moz information
- Contact Information
- Be readable from a distance
- Possible logo could be a Mozilla dinosaur guy with a club in it's hand (CLUB Moz)
- E-mailing to profs (Tom)
- TV ads (Vanessa)
- My.Seneca ads (Vanessa)
- We're thinking of getting a banner to hang when we have events
- It will just have our name on it
- We want to get price estimates (Tom)
- We want to help out however we can
- What is being done with the wiki?
- How is it being run?
- Ben will contact Dave to discuss these things
- We discussed making a distinction between Club Moz members and occaisonal contributors, we decided against making this distinction.
- The committee needs to get the #clubmoz channel password for Phil (Phil!)