Canvas3D XUL Runner App 0.4
Progress starts again with v0.4 of the XUL Runner App project!
|☆ Windows →||(incomplete)|
|☆ Mac OS X →||(incomplete)|
- Experimented with Songbird for Mac as a working comparison of a XUL Runner build with dylibs
- Replaced the old and fishy XR framework with the one from Songbird
- Portable Canvas now recognizes canvas elements, and doesn't tell you to get the c3d extension!
- Unfortunately, it simply gives you a blue outline of the canvas element, rather than display 3d
- Advanced XULRunner for Macs (mostly details about Info.plist)
- installed RealVNC (free edition) with hextile encoding instead of the default zrle
- configuring remote desktop remotely on a mac:
- visited #seneca, received an empowering speech from armenzg
- got a handy link from Cathy! (use broader search terms)
- grabbed libcanvas3d.dylib from canvas3d.xpi (just like libcanvas3d.dll for the Windows side)
- sticking the dylib into PC.app/Contents/MacOS/ doesn't work
- sticking the dylib into PC.app/Contents/MacOS/components doesn't work
- sticking the dylib into PC.app/Contents/Resources/components doesn't work
- (learning xulrunner for Mac is nothing like learning xulrunner for Windows...)
- Stuck the dylib into the Mac version of Portable Canvas, with no avail!
- Try VNC and remote desktop to access the Mac from home
- Attempt to find help on irc with prolonged access to a Mac