The Candy.js project is an effects extension to Popcorn.js.
Project Leader: Kenneth Pangilinan
Various projects using video on the web need to create innovative and non-standard effects to transform the video, for example, applying filters, altering the video, using 2D and 3D effects, etc. This project will create a library that provides some commonly needed effects (e.g., colour filters, tilt shifting, etc.). This project will overlap and support the HTML5/Video Comic Book project. The follow is a list of Candy effects:
- Normal - Displays the original video used in the <video> tag
- Comic -Darkens the dark, lightens the light, makes it look cartoony
- Grayscale -Black and white effect
- Sepia -Dark brown grey color filter
- Green Screen – Replaces green screen background for an image
- Rotate – Flips the video horizontally
- Negative -Turns positive RGB video colors into negative RGB
- Bright – Control brightness and darkness of video
- Emboss – Video is molded or carved in relief
- Tilt-Shift – refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.
- Blur – Defocus on video
- RGB Filter – Manually add/subtract to RGB values
- Modulate – varies the brightness of an image’s pixels in a periodic way. It can be used add “Venitian blind”, “scanline” or “mesh” type effects.
- Pixelate – transforms an image into a grid of uniformly colored rectangles. So named because it simulates increasing the size of pixels in the image.
- Disperse -Spreads/Scatters pixels from original video
|Release||Download Release||Features/Points Addressed|
|0.1||http://github.com/kpangilinan/Candy||Demos the Candy library effects|
|0.2||https://github.com/kpangilinan/Candy/tree/popit||0.1 Release + dynamically changing the effects + dynamically changing green screen effect + brightness controller|
|0.3||https://github.com/kpangilinan/Candy/tree/0_3||0.1 Release + 0.2 Release + RGB filter + Emboss + Blur + Tilt-Shift + Disperse + Modulate + Pixelate + Pointillize|
- Implemented original video onto canvas
- Implemented cartoon effect
- Implemented grayscale effect
- Implemented sepia effect
- Implemented green screen effect
- Implemented flip effect
- Setup GIT Hub repository
- Implemented negative effect
- Implemented interlaced effect
- Released Candy version 0.1!
- Added 'data-apply-effect' attribute to the <video>
- Modularize source code in Candy.js library
- Dynamically change brightness level
- Dynamically change green screen background
- Dynamically change videos effects
- Released Candy version 0.2!
- Implemented Color Filter
- Implemented Emboss Effect
- Implemented Blur Effect
- Implemented Tilt-Shift Effect
- Implemented Disperse Effect
- Implemented Modulate Effect
- Implemented Pixelate Effect
- Implemented Pointillize Effect
- Released Candy version 0.3!