CDOT Meeting 2011-02-03
- Seneca support for Incubator
- Job postings
- Equipment to be ordered
- Dissemination activities - include a report from Vivian
NB The meeting must finish at 5:00. The room is booked immediately after that.
Some adventures getting there. FUDCON went well
- Fedora ARM first talk on Sat AM. About 82 people attended including Red Hat people.
- Red Hat still waiting to see how things develop.
- Education - project and development courses - Teaching Open Source.
- Visit to potential industry partner.
Security; LINUX; etc. Demo'ed their technology. Ship boards to partners in the fall. (Had Fedora 13 running.) Hardware plus some cash.
- ARM project future
Probably needs 1 1/2 - 2 people to make it all happen in the time frame required.
- We need to be looking for partners in the WebGL space. Current partners are moving toward signed MOU's. One project needs some more work.
- Perhaps integrate more WebGL into game programming courses.
- Update on the meeting with Provincial politicians at the Markham opening today. Scott reported on the event.
Faculty available for Mike Hoye's project for the summer?