Please help make this page resourceful for all BTH740 students to use!
BTH740 -- Human Factors in Computing
- This course introduces human-computer interaction. It focuses on the philosophical, psychological, and physiological factors that influence human/computer interaction. The course provides an introduction to the cognitive revolution in psychology and cross-cultural communication. This sets the scope for discussions of human factors that influence human/computer interaction and the development of interfaces for international audiences.
- The course is supported by an open website. This wiki is editable by all participants.
Subject Description and Course Outcomes
The Research Project
A major component of this course is the research project. Students work in teams, select a particular topic related to human-computer interaction and research that topic in detail. They write a research essay on the topic and present their findings to the class in two stages: a preliminary critique of their findings and a subsequent research analysis and proposal. Each stage involves a presentation.
See the research essay page for more info
Submit to Moodle:
- thesis statement - due November 1
- preliminary research - due November 15
- recording details - due November 22
- writing - due December 1
- publication - due December 8
- Assignments 60%
- Test 20%
- Exam 20%