HTML 5 Open Video Player
Below is a listing of project details.
- Variable Volume/Mute
- Seeking, visible time codes, total duration
- Flash fallback if HTML5 is not fully supported
- Player resizing, ability for fullscreen
- Multiple codec support (mp4/h264, vp6), browser dependant?
- Completely customizable visuals through CSS
- Accessibility (Keyboard-only, screen-reader support)
- Internationalization (driven from config file)
Extensible Required Features
- Ratings (mature content, violence, sexuality)
- Support multiple streaming methods (rtmp, rtmpt, rtsp, http)
- Support multiple streaming speeds (low, medium, high)
- Subtitles support in TTXT
- Audio description playback – detect the MP4 audio track specific to Audio description
- Statistics : IP, onLoad, start, reached 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, CC_ON, CC_OFF, AD_ON, AD_OFF (must be sent to NFB server)
- JSON, AMF support to interact with the NFB video management environment.
- Watermark overlay on the video.
- Source hiding : Provide the user with an ObjectID in order to hide the real address of the film in order to prevent downloads.
- Like feature. Within the player, users should have the ability to “like” a film. If the user is log in to the site, this features should populate his profile. If the user is not logged in, then it’s a simple add to build “most liked” film lists.
- Message overlay on load, pause/stop, end
- Message overlay at specific in and out point
- Recommendation at 90% of the film: once the film reaches the 90% mark, related films should be suggested with thumbnails, titles and duration. This needs to appear as a layer over the video
- Follow feature: The follow features means the user will be notified every time there is a comment on the film. This should be linked to the user profile, hence the user must be authenticated.
- Google translation: Give users the ability to get the machine translation from Google based on the subtitles of the film.
Page & Player Interaction
- Visual bookmarking
- Video chaptering
- Video assembly from multiple chapters of multiple videos
- Video chapter creation
- Video chapter playback
- Sequential video chapter playback
- JSON Serialization and Deserialization for Bookmark objects
- Dynamic DOM creation (Bookmark objects)
- Working demo
|Functionality||Assigned To||GitHub Branch||Last Updated||Blog|
|TTXT Subtitle Parsing and Loading||Steven||-||-||-|
|Fix Event Overriding so that both Video.js and BBB.js can respond to the same <video> event||Steven||-||-||-|
|Try and integrate BBB functionality with popcorn script command (experiment)||Kevin||-||-||-|
|Reactor Library for JS Best Practices||Steven||-||-||-|
|Settings File Implementation||Steven||-||-||-|
- 10/22/10 - Release 0.1