Assignment 2 (Fall 2013) Q & A
How to setup SVN for the assignment
(Team 7, Yiqi, Oct 12, 2013)
- The assignment is to be done using SVN server on svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/. We need the following to set it up:
1. Account info
The professor has sent the SVN accounts, user ids, and passwords to all team members. Format:
#btp300_xxxxrep7 btp300_xxxxX1=xxxxxxxx btp300_xxxxX2=xxxxxxxx btp300_xxxxX3=xxxxxxxx
- Where the first line is the account, which is also the project directory on Zenit.
- The 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines are user ids and passwords for 3 members (in this case).
(the portion before '=' is the user id, after '=' is the password.
2. A SVN client
3. Setup connection between local computer and the server
- Install the SVN client on your local computer, make a dir for your project, then point your SVN client to this dir as well as the url on Zenit:
- The url should be something like this: svn://zenit.senecac.on.ca/#btp300_xxxxrep7
- (Tip:) It may not work if you copy-and-paste the UID and PW to your SVN client's fields. If so, type them in.