Android : Lab
Android Lab Activities - The LAB DUE DATE is in two weeks from the time the lab is defined (for example, the Basics lab is defined in the second week and its due date is in the fourth week; the lab for OSGi is defined in the fourth week and its deadline is in the sixth week, and so forth...)
- Start and run the Android Eclipse.
- Define the workspace as: ./wksp/Android/lab
- Create a project based on the application defined below in description section.
- Develop the application, Run and Debug it.
- When the application runs as expected, Open the Subversion Perspective in Android Eclipse and upload the application to the repository that was given to you at the beginning of this course.
- Write a detailed tutorial about using Android Eclipse to develop such an application. The tutorial must be written in wiki / html / ppt / pdf format (choose the format that is more convenient to your team) . Checkin in the repository your tutorial, if the format allows it. (if not, (i.e. if your format does not allow you to store it in your repository), then define in your repository only the address of your tutorial). Thus, the url address stored in the repository, can be used to read your tutorial; (for instance, if your tutorial is in wiki format store in the repository the address of wiki tutorial).
- Each student must create a web page in his/her zenit account course that contains student identification (student name; picture, wiki address, etc., and for every lab, one should define the links to the repository of his/her work - code, tutorial, etc.; you do not have to send any email with the address of your web page).
- WHEN requested you must send an email to Jordan Anastasiade with the address of your repository
Android Lab Application Description: Here are few steps to guide you in process of building an Android application:
Step 1. Build the First Activity.
Step 2. Add Options Menu
Step 3. Add a new activity: the Edit Activity.
Step 4. Define a Helper for SQLite
Step 5. Write and Display data from DB.
to be continued
Your lab will be marked based on the following criteria: To be determined