APNG stands for Animated PNG, an extension to the PNG specification to allow for animated PNG images. Similar to how Animated GIF is an extension of GIF. Create such a thing.
Ben Hearsum - taught me to connect to the cluster using rdesktop, vmware and set up an account for me to compile mozilla on the windows cluster.
Mark Paruzel - made two fancy animations for demoing APNG, not up on the web yet.
Tom Aratyn - spent a few hours with me trying to solve an inheritance problem.
Jeff Mossop - Created Icons for Andrew
The project is broken up into several stages:
3. (current, fall 2006) Implement the modified libpng into Mozilla.
4. Attempt to get the APNG patch integrated into libpng.
6. Give up.
7. Try again.
- compiled mozilla on slackware
- installed vmware and windows
- installed cygwin
- compiled mozilla on windows
- compiled mozilla on a mac
- attempted to fix a bug in libpng 1.2.12 that caused mozilla on a mac to crash, someone beat me to it
- tried to move things from imgContainerGIF to imgContainer and share that code using inheritance, didn't work
- rather than moving things, copied them instead. will do the inheritance thing later after it works
- made a webage for testing, with a gif, a png and an animated png
- updated the libpng patch to work with 1.2.12
- updated the apng spec and libpng patch with a small change requested by the libpng maintainer
- wondered why it still doesn't work
- spent a few days looking at the gif container to get a better idea of how it works
- fixed imgcontainer and pngdecoder to work with animations
- made some more images for testing
- made the gif decoder use imgcontainer
- removed imgcontainergif and replaced all references to it with imgcontainer
- finished patch, posted in bug 257197, waiting for review