Game Name Goes here
- Ryan Wang, Responsibility TBA
- Aravinthan Vathsalan, Responsibility TBA
- Geoffrey Mok, Responsibility TBA
- Steve Borges, Responsibility TBA
- Corey Angus, Responsibility TBA
Map of the World of the Game
Moderator's - Instructors Comments
Any other thing you find necessary
Game Concept Proposal - Puzzle Game
This is just a personal suggestion that I have. - Ryan
Game Concept Proposal - Action RPG
This is also just a quick idea. - Corey
- Overview -
- A simple action rpg. The goal is explore an area(dungeon, cave, ect) that contains increasingly more powerful foes to defeat the deeper in you go.
- Main Game Elements -
- The player gains experience points after defeating an enemy. They can then spend these points in a trait of their choosing (strength, defense, speed).
- The Battle system remains simple. The goal is to attack when the enemy is not blocking, and to block when the enemy is about to attack.
- Enemies drop items that can be equiped or used to increase the player's stats
- Potentia Game Elements - Depending on time and how the project is going some elements can be improved
- A parry system can be included for combat
- A high, low attack system can be included for combat to add more depth
- Several types of enemies with different combat AI/routines
- The ability to sell items you've found and purchase new ones (a currency system)
- An over world to connect a series of levels/dungeons together instead of one linear level.
- The proposal focuses on game play design. It leaves the art style, setting, and characters open for any ideas. For instance an oldschool fantasy setting with caves and monsters, or a distant future setting.
- The basic stat based game is relativly simple to program, logic wise.
Game Concept Proposal - RTS
I propose a simplified version of a Real time strategy (RTS) - gmok
- Possible Features:
- Advancements in ages
- Phase of gameplay advances when player gathers required resources to advance.
- Each phase allows for a new selection of units, buildings and upgrades to be created
- Resource gathering
- Players are limited in resources and must gather them in order create units, buildings and research upgrades
- Example of resources - food, wood, stone, gold, iron, mineral, vespene, favor
- Resource gathering may not be required by implementing a system of continuous income
- Depending on the player's selection, they will gain access to different units
- Players create units from buildings
- Units have different stats such as health, armor, damage
- Buildings allow players to create units or research upgrades
- A superior unit that has higher stats than regular units
- May have access to special abilities
- Special Abilities
- Each player gains access to a limited arsenal of powerful effects determined by their race/civilization
- Examples - Lightning, Meteor Storm, Earthquake
- The computer substitute for a human player
- Advancements in ages